Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snickerdoodles

The smell of snickerdoodles can take me back to my childhood in an instant!  There was nothing I would have rather done as a child than help my mom in the kitchen.  Rolling the soft buttery dough in the cinnamon sugar was the best job in the kitchen!  I think my kids would agree. 



1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon (I like more than this)

Combine and save for rolling the cookies in before you bake them.

 1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons water
6 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, vanilla and water.  Beat.  Add flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.   Shape dough (I love my cookie scoop for this) and then roll in cinnamon-sugar.  Place on cookie sheet (lined) and take at 350 for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes about 5 dozen 3 inch cookies. 

1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy! I have a recipe blog as well. Come check it out:

    jenlundsrecipes.blogspot.com

    I can't wait until you post (on either blog) about the amazing cake topper you recently made!

    ReplyDelete